Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Preparing for the Swine Flu

Are you as concerned about the swine flu as I am? With all the news coverage, and nonstop talk about it, I am pretty freaked out. But my biggest concern is just about how to know if we have it. Is it the swine flu, seasonal flu, a cold, or something else all together? There must be a way to know for sure if I have it, right?


I mean, really, with three kids, I can't be too careful. And you know, if one comes down with it, chances are, we will all come down with it.


And do I jinx myself everytime I use the phrase "This house is a pig-sty".


What even is a pig-sty?


I am plagued with anxiety over this stuff.


So, I have to find some answers to protect me and my family.


Well, after doing some research online, I have discovered a sure-fire way of knowing if someone does, indeed, have swine flu.

If you wake up in the morning, and you look like this -




I would say you most definitely have the swine flu.

If this does not encourage you to go wash your hands and stock up on Kleenex, then I don't know what will!

2 comments:

Katy said...

I think I saw that picture on the cover of a magazine at the grocery store..........

Miriam said...

while this is funny, Addison's school has 34 cases of swine flu right now. Anna Reese's teacher has become the hand washing nazi! All the schools in the area have reported cases but it seems to be spreading quickly amongst high schoolers. If you run fever GO TO THE DOCTOR! is what they are telling us here.