Monday, September 7, 2009

One Month, Already?

In honor of school being back in session for exactly one month, I will now share with you the classic first day back to school pictures.





Now, clearly, I was continually interrupting Colin during his morning prayers in order to snap these lovely shots. Wonder what he was so intent on praying about this year?

Madilyn is in 5th grade this year, her last year in elementary school. Don't even get me started on how I feel about that.

Colin is in 3rd grade.

And Philip started Pre-K. He didn't get in the Pre-K program at the school (stupid bad luck I have!) so instead he is going to the program at his daycare, which is the same program, just at a daycare, instead of the school.

Now we thought Philip was so excited to start school. He asked us all summer long how much longer till school started. And he was so happy that morning before we left, but this is how I left Philip at school on Day 1


No tears (thank goodness), but I ask you, does this look like the face of a happy boy? Aahhh, motherhood, isn't it really just the best! Of course, it could have been worse, like the two little twin girls, clinging to their mother's leg, screaming and begging her not to leave them! Been there, done that, never want to do that again!

But school is off to a good start, fall is just around the corner, and we are all looking forward to Thanksgiving break, because as of 11/27, I will be officially retired from my job, and can go back to being a full-time Mom! Even Tux, the giant dog, is looking forward to that!

No comments: