Saturday, June 13, 2009

While the boys are away

The girls like to play!

Madilyn and I spent the afternoon together Friday, just being girls, and doing our two favorite things - eating and shopping.

Anyone who knows me, knows I love to shop. I am so glad Madilyn is finally old enough to want to shop. I think she likes it more than me, at least as long as we are buying her stuff along the way.

We started our afternoon out at Panda Express.


Orange Chicken - Yum!

Can't have my girl stinkin up the house, so we headed to Bath & Body Works to take advantage of the big sale. We racked up on some good stuff, and left with enough stuff to keep up smelling like ladies for quite a while.


You know your daughter is growing up when she requests dangling earrings. I know you can feel my heartbreaking. Why can't they just stay young forever? But, I can accept reality, so next on our agenda was a quick trip to Claire's.


Dangling earrings, sigh.

After a few more errands, we made our way home.

Now you would think that after such great day with mom, my girl would want to spend forever by my side. This however, was not the case.

Once Madilyn found out her next doctor's appointment wasn't for another week, she was ready to leave me. A quick phone call to Memaw, plans to meet her in Montgomery, one bag packed, and dad ready to drive, she was leaving me for a week in Alabama,


Now I am alone with my one stinky boy.

Sigh.

No comments: