Are you ready to celebrate my milestone? Bunker down, cause here we go -
Wow, 100 posts! Hard to believe I have reached this milestone in blogging already! And, according to google, my 100th post should be all about me! So here goes - 100 things all about me. This will be quite self-indulgent, so if you're not into that sort of thing, leave now!
1. Umm, let's see, I have a hard time starting to write something.
2. Once I get going, the words flow pretty easily.
3. I had planned on growing up to be a teacher.
4. People ask me all the time if I am a teacher.
5. My glasses I wear now make me look more like a teacher.
6. They also help me see better, since I am practically blind.
7. I think people think I am a teacher because I am bossy.
8. And most kids like me because I am cool.
9. I wanted to be an English teacher because I always loved reading.
10. As a kid, I could read a book a day in the summer.
11. Now I can't find the time to read anything except spreadsheets and blogs.
12. I didn't grow up to be a teacher, unless you count teaching children how to not embarrass me everywhere we go.
13. I am not very successful at teaching that concept. No one listens to me.
14. I guess I am not as bossy as I think I am.
15. But I do have a loud mouth.
16. I don't like loud noises.
17. Or unnecessary noises, like birds singing, trains passing, kids screaming.
18. I cannot stand to hear wind chimes. So annoying!
19. To make up for my terrible vision, my other senses are extra keen.
20. I hear everything.
21. And I can smell anything.
22. You will often hear me asking, "What's that smell?" or "What is that noise?"
23. My husband thinks I am crazy.
24. Which is true, I am.
25. But I do hear and smell things that he never hears or smells.
26. He has perfect vision.
27. But this is about me, not him.
28. Speaking of him, we are about the celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary on June 14th.
29. It better be a good year, since 12 is my favorite number.
30. It was raining on our wedding day.
31. And I was late to the temple because I overslept.
32. I am hardly ever late for anything anymore.
33. If I am late, it is not my fault. And you can guarantee I will not be in a good mood if I arrive late, because that means we were rushing, and I do not like to rush.
34. Rushing stresses me out. And makes my hair frizzy.
35. I have extremely thick hair. Too thick, if you ask me.
36. My favorite thing to do when I am relaxing is twist my hair.
37. It is quite interesting to watch.
38. I have twisted my hair since I was a baby. I had thick hair then too.
39. I used to get into trouble when I was in school for twisting my hair because it was distracting to everyone else.
40. But it helped me concentrate.
41. When I twist my hair, I make little twiggers, as we like to call them, all over my hair.
42. I twig up my whole head sometimes.
43. I hate unexpected visits to my house, because more than likely, I have twigs in my hair that I am having to unravel really quickly before I can open the door.
44. I have been caught several times, and was quite embarrassed by the whole situation.
45. While I am working on this, everytime I stop to think of what to say next, I twig my hair.
46. It is an addiction.
47. I am also addicted to reality TV. The Bachelor, Bachelorette, Survivor, Amazing Race, Dancing with the Stars, Big Brother, and so on and so on.
48. I am also addicted to Coke. Nothing tastes better than that stuff. Trust me. If you don't think so, you are wrong!
49. My newest addiction is couponing. Once you realize how much money you can save, you can't shop any other way.
50. I don't do anything half-way, like this post for instance. Hold on, we got 50 more to go.
51. I have an addiction to collections.
52. When I become interested in something that is sold in a collection, I have a hard time resisting the need to buy all of everything that has to do with it.
53. Beanie babies, scrapbook supplies, Gymboree clothes, Littlest Pet Shops, you name it, if it is sold in a collection, I want the whole collection.
54. I have been trying to control that lately by avoiding all things that I like to buy.
55. It will soon get harder to do this once they open our new Hobby Lobby.
56. That is my favorite store. They have everything a collector could ever want. And more!
57. Something I need more of is time.
58. I wish I had 3 more hours in each day, but still only have to work the same amount. I don't know what I would do with the extra time, but I could definitely use it.
59. I would also like to go back in time and live parts of my life over.
60. But only if I knew what I know now.
61. One thing I know for sure is that every experience we have in life that seems significant at the time, actually is significant.
62. One of my biggest pet peeves is to hear people say, "Oh, ten years from now, this won't even matter." I don't believe that. I think everything that happens to us matters, and will matter to us forever.
63. Another one of my pet peeves is self-righteous people.
64. I cannot handle people who don't think they live in glass houses.
65. We all live in glass houses. So stay away from the rocks.
66. I have no desire to go rock climbing.
67. I do enjoy camping, but we never go. I wonder why.
68. Probably because we don't have the time.
69. Plus I don't like bugs.
70. But I love cooking over an open fire.
71. Good thing we burn trees all the time. Nothing is better than foil dinners on a nice crisp evening.
72. Our fire alarm went off in the middle of the night once. It literally scared the crap out of me. I couldn't go back to sleep the rest of the night.
73. One of my biggest phobias is that my house is going to burn down when I am out of town.
74. I am a poet, and I know it.
75. Another one of my phobias is storms, especially at night.
76. If it is raining, I am up, out of bed, checking the weather, and watching the sky.
77. This phobia can be completely blamed on Hurricane Elvis blowing through Memphis back in 2003.
78. Before that, I thought people who freaked out over storms were weird.
79. I also think people who like to talk about politics are weird.
80. Nothing stirs up people more than talking about politics.
81. And religion.
82. So I better change the subject, or else you won't keep reading this.
83. One of my most vivid memories as a child was my cat dying while we were at Disney World. I remember running up and down the street calling "Tootsie, Tootsie, I'm home, come home".
84. The stupid neighbors were supposed to be watching her.
85. Never trust your neighbors to watch your pets. No one cares about your pet the way you do.
86. And speaking of trust, another vivid childhood memory would be running into a barbwire fence in the dark of the night, after my sister ran off and left me. I was cut up from head to toe. Lots of stitches.
87. My sister is also to blame for another permanent scar on my forehead-my goose egg as we endearingly refer to it, compliments of my sister's inadequate driving skills and one terrible car wreck.
88. 20 years later, she still scares me when she is driving.
89. I do not deal with post-traumatic stress very well.
90. Once traumatized, always traumatized.
91. I also don't deal with annoyances very well. If you are getting on my nerves, you are going to know it.
92. I wear my emotions right on my face. Some people use the expression, you wear your emotions of your sleeve. I don't get that. Why would your emotions be on your sleeve? You can generally look at my face and know exactly how I feel.
93. But don't look closely at my hair. I am going gray.
94. This is another one of my biggest phobias. Gray before my time.
95. You can't fight time. It keeps on passing, all the time, right before your eyes.
96. Blink, and you miss a second.
97. But make sure you don't miss out on sleep. We all need a good night's sleep.
98. Especially me. It has been a long couple of weeks.
99. So good thing it is time to go to bed.
100.We made it just in time. Good night.
8 years ago