Monday, June 15, 2009

I've been Saved!

Something you may or may not know about me - when I get interested in something, I become obsessed with it. It consumes me, and I am constantly thinking of whatever it is. Some obsessions come and go pretty quickly, like say, redecorating. If I were to decide to redecorate a room in my house, I would literally put all of myself into it, but I would be done and ready to move on in a week or so.

Other obsessions come and go, then come and go again. Like scrapbooking. I LOVE to scrapbook. It is a great creative outlet for me. I love to create something unique and lasting. It brings me great amounts of personal satisfaction. But I do not have the time right now. So I don't do it all. Sad, I know, but if I were to start it up, every free moment I had would be spent on it, instead of doing things that absolutely must be done with the few moments of free time I do have, like say, oh, let's see, cooking dinner, spending time with my children, laundry, you know, all that fun stuff.

I guess you can say I have an addictive personality. Good thing I am not a drinker.

Of alcoholic beverages, that is.

Cause I am a drinker.

I love to drink.

I'm thirsty right now.

Anyway, if you have been around me or talked to me lately, you know I have a new obssesion.

But this one is a good one.

And I still get to do one of my most favorite things - shop.

But for the first time ever, my obssesion is not costing me tons of money.

In fact, it is all about saving money.

And man, let me tell you, I am saving some major money!

And it is so exciting!

Take a gander at my latest shopping trip:


Now that is quite a pile of loot, wouldn't you say?

Now had you been out shopping and picked up these items for yourself, you would have expected to spend around roughly $130.

But not me.

I only spent $37.

Oh yeah, you know that felt good.

I guess my obsessive compulsive disorder is finally paying off.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Chrissy you crack me up, I think I am a bit obsessive, too. $37 is awesome what a great buy, your reminding me of Mamie. That's how she always shopped. She was good at keeping that student budget they lived on.