Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Freedom, of Sorts

How do you define freedom?

I think freedom is one of the greatest blessings we have. We are so fortunate to live in a country that allows us to be free, to do what makes us happy, and live and worship as we please.

Well, sort of.

I love freedom. I love experiencing it.

Take this week for instance.

I have it.

Sort of.

My boys got shipped off to Alabama this weekend to spend some quality time with their Memaw and Pepaw, aka, Donny's folks.


Do you know how much quieter my house is without two boys?

Come by and see for yourself anytime.

You might be surprised, though.

We are a noisy bunch, with or without those rascally rabbits.

Adding the noisiest friend Madilyn has to the house doesn't help much.


Will I ever truly be free?

Doubtful.

But the real question is, Do I ever want to be free?


Let me ponder on that one while I wish for some peace and quiet.

No comments: