Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Love Letter

My dearest Florida,

Hi, it's me, Chrissy.

Remember me?

Yes, I know, it has been two years since I was there last. Too long for us all.

How I have missed your beautiful sandy white beaches, your tall palm trees blowing in the wind, the sound of the waves crashing against your shores, the warmth of your sun on my skin, the smell of your oranges.

Aahh, how I love thee, Florida

But do not despair, my friend.

For I am on my way. This time tomorrow I will be within your boundaries, journeying to your southern point, my favorite place on earth, for within that point resides one of my most favorite people in the world.

How lucky you are to have Jen live there.

Lucky, lucky!

One week of my life to be spent with you, wishing I could spend all my days lying on your beach, relishing two of life's simpliest pleasures - peace and friendship.

Are you as excited as I am for me to get there?

We are going to have so much fun.

All I ask from you is to please keep Mother Nature under control while we are there. We certainly don't want that old lady ruining our good time.

Until I am there, I will be thinking of you nonstop.

Your always,
Chrissy

No comments: