Friday, July 10, 2009

Give Him a Gold Medal

I turn my back for one minute on this kid, and he decides that sitting on the sidelines watching everyone else swim and have fun just ain't for him anymore.

So instead of just easing into the pool and floating around, he decides to give this a try:







Yes, Philip literally taught himself to swim in a matter of minutes. Full on face in the water, feet kicking, arms swimming, all the way across the pool.

Could it be that I am finally going to have a child that is an over-achiever?

Either way, this kid learns quick. A week ago, he wouldn't even get in the pool. Now look at him. A little fish.

And not even five minutes after I took these pictures, he wanted the floaties off, and was off again, arms free, boy swimming!

I think that Time and I are going to have to sit down and have a real heart-to-heart. I have asked him over and over to stop moving forward, but he doesn't seem to be listening to me.

Maybe it is time to take some drastic measures.

No comments: