Friday, July 10, 2009

For the first time, I feel WICKED!

Nothing like Christmas in July.

That's how we celebrated our 4th.

Forget celebrating freedom and all that bullarky.

This 4th was all about the Ho Ho Ho.

And Nana played Santa!

She treated us all to a trip to the Orpheum Theatre in Memphis to see the amazing play WICKED. My boys passed, of course. My husband thinks culture is synonymous with "gay" so he passed. And like I wanted to take my other boys without him. No Thank You! Just me and my girl, Madilyn.


Us with Jolly St Nicki, without the red suit and white beard, of course


My sister and her family came along as well. You will notice that her husband isn't afraid of some culture. Maybe he's gay. Or maybe he's just Ross! But all families have their secrets, right? I trust you to keep mine! Tanner claimed to be miserable. I have my doubts on that, though.


My mom and her beautiful sister, Debbie.



And a few more pictures from the day:





The play was, obviously, amazing. The music was fabulous. And the lessons to be learned - the best!

No one mourns the Wicked.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Kissing boys make you feel Wicked.

And the ever-pressing question:

Are people born wicked or is wickedness thrust upon them?

And please, by all means, don't drink the green elixir!

No comments: