Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Ops Man

A great big congratulations goes out to my husband today. He just received a promotion at work, something he has been working towards for a while now, and I am so proud of him! He has been with the Kmart Distribution Center for 3 1/2 years now, and has had great success with the company (good thing, since this job was the reason for our move to Georgia!). He started out as a supervisor, then he was promoted to a department manager, and now he has been promoted to Operations Manager. In case you are wondering what he does, and you don't know much about the distribution business, he will be the Inbound Operations Manager, which means he will oversee the operation of all the Inbound departments. Did that clear things up for you? Yeah, didn't think so. Let me give it to you in plain English. He will be in charge of overseeing all the deliveries made to the distribution center, the unloading of all the trucks, and making sure all the merchandise is put away correctly inside the DC (that is short for distribution center). This is a senior management position, so he has quite the management pyramid under him. He will manage three department managers, about seven supervisors, and 120 employees. It is a lot of responsibility, but it is something he has been working towards, and I am so happy he finally accomplished his goal.

And since I will not have a job anymore come 9/25, this promotion puts us one step closer to me being able to go back to being a stay-at-home mom. And maybe another baby!




Oh shut-up, Donny and Mom, and Miriam. I am just kidding. I know, no one wants me to have another baby. That was just a joke. Good grief.

2 comments:

carolynparr said...

Hooray For Ya'll!

Whewwwwwww on that last little joke, gotme.

Mom

The Wiltbank Bunch said...

congrats Donny and Crissy! I'm glad for ya'll! Hope all is well! I'm enjoying keeping up via the blog!