Can you believe it? My baby girl will be 10 years old on Monday. Can it really be happening? To celebrate Madilyn's turning 10, I planned a day filled with 10 fun and fabulous things to do. I mean, come on, you only become a double digit once in your life, right! You gotta make it memorable! I had each thing we were going to do typed out and folded inside a bag. The bags were numbered 1-10 in the order that we were going to do them and were set out on the table for her to see when she woke up.
After we finished one thing, she opened the next bag to find out what was next. So here is our 10:
1. Every birthday girl needs to look her best for her big day. How about a new outfit to wear today.
2. Let’s paint your fingernails
3. Hungry? How about breakfast at McDonald’s
4. The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize. It’s time to get you accessorized by getting your ears pierced
(I'll share more of the ear piercing drama in another post!)
5. What are little girls’ made of? Sugar and spice and everything nice. Got a sweet tooth? Let’s head to the Candy Factory to get all sugared up.
6. We got our sweet stuff, now how about something salty to enjoy at the MOVIES
7. Time to share the love with some special letters and gifts for you.
8. Make a wish, blow out your candles – and let’s eat CAKE
9. Now that you’re ten, you’re not a little shrimp anymore. But that doesn’t mean you still can’t eat them. Time for your birthday dinner!
10. Now that your special day is coming to an end, it’s time to soak up all the excitement of the day in a long, hot bubble bath. (I gave her a present filled with Bath & Body Works stuff)
NO PICTURE AVAILABLE
Did you really think I would put a picture of my 10-year old daughter taking a bubble bath on here? Well, I was, but Donny freaked out - Too many sicko's out there he said. I said there aren't any sicko's that read my blog. He said, "Put a picture of her in a bubble bath on there, and then there will be". Good point, o wise one, good point!
The day was a perfect 10 - just like my girl. How did she feel about it? Says Madilyn, "This is the best birhtday ever!"
Happy Birthday, Baby Girl! I love you!!!!
7 years ago