Wednesday, August 26, 2009

We are HOME!

They released Madilyn from the hospital this evening around 6:30, so we made a mad dash out of there before they changed their minds and decided they liked us too much to let us go.

Madilyn is thrilled she did not have to leave with a pick-line, so no more IV antibiotics. Just oral for now. Hopefully she will continue to do good on that. She still hasn't experienced any pain from the surgery, and is very glad to be home and get to sleep in her own bed tonight. Me too, for that matter. If anyone comes in my room to wake me up tonight, they might get a pillow upside the head!~

So for now, we have to go see Dr. Shore on 8/31 and then Dr. Fabregas in two weeks. His assistant is supposed to be contacting me about scheduling her next surgery, which should happen in about three weeks. Luckily, it will be an outpatient procedure, so no more overnights, hopefully!

Thanks again for everything. Madilyn is so loved, and I appreciate all the concern and well wishes for her.

I'll keep you posted on any new details and will try to get some pictures on here tomorrow.

1 comment:

carolynparr said...

I'm so glad you're home. I'll be calling soon. Mom