Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kicking Murphy Out

Okay, Murphy, get up off my couch, pack your bags, and hit the road!

Yeah, that's right, I know you hear me.

This time I mean it. It is time for you to go.

You have plagued me long enough.

Stupid Murphy.

I'm tired of you coming and going as you please, in and out, in and out. This is not a hotel.

This is me, and this is my life.

And my families' life.

And we all won't you gone.

For good!

We have been working so hard to get rid of you for good.

Give me a little more time, and you will be out on the curb.

Even though you just threw us yet another curveball, I am sticking to my goals, and you will pay the price.

See ya!


Now, to those of you who are reading this - you may not have any idea what I am talking about.

Ever heard of Dave Ramsey?

Yeah, he is pretty much awesome. I read his book "Total Money Makeover" while we were on vacation, and I was healed! Even though I have been on a strong kick for a while working hard to eliminate our debt and save money, and live below our means, this book energized me and recommitted me to changing the way I look at money and spending.

So who is Murphy?

Well, none other than that old pest we all know and deal with constantly in our lives, aka Murphy's Law
. It fits so perfectly into the long line of excuses I have for why life is the way life is.

But no more. I am kicking Murphy out. According to Dave, when you are financially secure, Murphy has no power in your life, because you have the money to deal with life's little crises, and what would have seemed like a major problem to someone who is broke and in debt up to their eyeballs, suddenly only becomes a minor setback, if even that.

It may take me a while to get him out, thanks in large part to what is going on with Madilyn (who knows how much all this is going to cost me), but I am determined to rid my life of him.

Just wait and see.

In time, Murphy will be gone

For good!

No comments: