Sunday, December 21, 2008

Emmie's Birthday Party

We celebrated Emmie's birthday party on Saturday. She looked so cute in her little party dress. She was being camera shy, and wouldn't give me many smiles, but she is still a super cutie. Her blue eyes are so pretty.



Jacquelyn and I stayed up until about 2:00 am the night before making the cake. Jacquelyn had never made a cake before, and so she asked me to lend my "expert" advise. Yeah, right, I am no expert by any means, but the cake turned out so beautifully. It was so delicious, too, and that is what really counts! It physically hurt me to cut it after all that work!



And, of course, following in the 1st birthday tradition, Emmie had her own little special cake. She could not wait to get into it. Jacquelyn had to hold her hands back while we sang happy birthday to her!


After the song and a change of clothes, it didn't take Emmie long to make her mark on her pretty little cake.




Presents - what little girl doesn't love ripping into presents? She knew exactly what to do with wrapping paper. Jacquelyn said she has been practicing by unwrapping the Christmas presents under the Christmas tree.



Oh, I cannot wait to see how Jacquelyn and Stephen tackle toddlerhood. This is when the real introduction to parenthood begins!! Good luck, guys. You will need it!

No comments: