Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Count your Blessings - Name Them One by One. . .

There is definitely something about this time of year that makes us all reflect on the many blessings in our life. I think this year with our troubled economy and all the side effects caused by that, we should all take stock of our lives and really look at all we do have and think about how we can use these things to enrich not only our own lives, but the lives of others. I have compiled a list of my top 10 greatest blessings, all evidence to me that I am a daughter of a very loving Heavenly Father:

1. First and foremost, the gospel of Jesus Christ, without which, I would have none of the following blessings.



2. A true and living prophet, to direct, guide, and lead us in these latter days.



3. The Scriptures which testify of Jesus Christ and teach us the ways of the Lord.



4. The Priesthood

5. An eternal marriage, a union sealed on earth and bound in heaven by the priesthood of the Lord in the Atlanta Temple on 6/14/97.



6. A loving husband, who adores me and takes such good care of me and our family.



7. 3 beautiful healthy children



8. Wonderful parents, who love and help support us and, most importantly, love our children.





9. Lasting, enduring relationships with family and friends across the country.

10. Good jobs that provide the monetary means necessary to provide for the needs and most of the wants of our family.

I'm sure that most of you share many of the same blessings as I do, and count them in your top 10 as well. There are a lot of things I am uncertain about during these troubling times, but of this I am certain - there is only one blessing on my list that can be taken away from me, and that is #10. So I know that no matter what the future holds, and how turbulent the world may become, I will always have a long list of blessings to count and be thankful for. And for that, I have another reason to be thankful. May God continue to bless and watch over each of us, keep us safe, bring us peace and comfort, and help us to stay strong and faithful in a world filled with weakness and uncertainty.

No comments: